Fight back the pandemic the Ayurveda Way- The humble and mighty ‘Kadha’
The entire world at present is suffering to the core due the novel coronavirus. This pandemic has affected literally all countries of the world. Though being highly infectious in nature, some people have stayed immune from it. What could be the reason? Number one- they practice social distancing and wear masks, number two and most important- they have good immunity power.
Some people are gifted with good immunity and some have to build it. Though it is not scientifically proven that strong immunity guarantees that you do not catch coronavirus. But yes it does protect you and even you catch it, the symptoms are milder.
Ways to boost immunity
People have started taking care of their health like never before. They are doing everything it takes to make them secure in the times of the pandemic. Techniques like yoga, pranayam, drinking herbal teas, drinks and kadhas are most popular ways to increase the immunity of the body.
The ancient science of Ayurveda that finds its root in India comes to the rescue again. According to Ayurveda’s vedic wisdom consumption of proper herbs and yoga asanas helps us to heal our body and mind faster. Amidst the terror of coronavirus, where this deadly virus enters our body’s respiratory system, we need to increase strength of our lungs and immune system. Prevention is better than cure holds true in this situation also.
The medicinal herbs like amla, giloy, neem and shilajit have been found to build up our immunity.
The herbal Kadha
Kadha is not a novel thing for us, especially for Indians. Since ages our grandmothers and moms have been giving us during monsoon and winter seasons and/or when we catch cold and cough.
In simple terminology, kadha is a mix of different types of traditional herbs and spices which help us to make our immunity stronger from within. It is one of the oldest cure known by the Indians since hundreds of years!
Not so secret Recipe!
The knowledge to prepare fresh kadha is known to almost every Indian household, but still many people are not aware of most important ingredients that goes behind making a perfect kadha.
Ginger, holy basil, cinnamon, black pepper, mace, clove, green cardamom, nutmeg and black cardamom are some important ingredients of a perfect kadha. You can prepare them fresh in boiling water or can make and store their powder and consume. 1-2 gm of the powder can be taken either with honey or with hot water.
You can either make it at home, or you can also purchase readymade kadha powder of a good and trusted brand where purity is guaranteed.
Properties of Ingredients of Kadha
– It has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger is effective in curing nausea, vomiting, fever, inflammation, coughing, cold, indigestion, flatulence and diarrhoea.
– Basil leaves is powerhouse of benefits. Known for its immunity boosting properties, it helps in curing cough, flu, cold and congestion. Also it works as a lowering agent for high blood pressure and cholesterol. It works against various kinds of infections, cures eye disorders, headache and earaches.
– Cinnamon is known to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antimicrobial and antidiabetic properties. It offers protection against respiratory system related disorders, cancer, cardiovascular disease and others.
– This small pod is known to possess anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and cancer fighting properties. Whether black or green cardamom, both have been found to give comfort from nausea, vomiting, brings down high blood sugar and prevents onset of anxious behaviour.
– Clove consists of an anti-inflammatory chemical known as Eugenol. It serves as natural pain killer and also possess antioxidant properties with loads of health benefits. Consume it if you want to relieve a sore throat, prevent coughing, improve digestion, liver health and check the blood sugar level.
– This small black seed is loaded with so many anti-oxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. Works as a great pain reliever that includes headaches too.
– Mace is useful in keeping a check on nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and other health problems.
– Honey the wonder food is antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial. It relieves sore throat, soothes coughing, increases sleep and also heals wounds and burns.
Word from Mr. PM
Even our honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in his recent address to the nation has stated the benefits of consuming hot water and kadha to elevate our immune system. It is also supported by the Ayush Mantralaya.
As said earlier, prevention is better than cure, so build your immune system stronger that can fight back this coronavirus. We should leave no stone unturned to take care of health of ourselves and our near ones. The government and corona warriors are working hard for the safety of people. We should practice social distancing, wear masks and consume ayurvedic preparation like kadha to boost immunity power of our body. If you feel any related symptoms of coronavirus, contact the doctor.
For more Health Related Blog
Eco Ensulin – Sugar Regulator
Detoxify liver and maintain blood sugar levels with Eco Ensulin that is enriched with the natural goodness of Fenugreek Seeds and Bitter Gourd. Presence of Amla and Jamun is an added advantage as it offers immunity and maintains your health naturally.
AnjaNeya Barbadensis Miller Aloe Vera Juice
Barbadensis Miller is the most nturitionally dense variety of Aloevera. Barbadensis Miller juice contains 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids & 200 specific compounds.
AnjaNeya Graviola Soursop Fruit Juice
AnjaNeya Graviola/Soursop Fruit Drink contains the finest blend of Graviola Fruit which essentially contains annonaceous acetogenins, a phytochemical that reportedly fights cancer cells and promotes good health. It also has Vitamins and Minerals that naturally assists in overcoming conditions like weakness and depression.
We are ready to connect, are you?Speak to our experts